Plastic Surgery/head implants


Hello dr. Mohan Rangaswamy on the below i writed about my problem and about our discuss with surgeons Kamran Jaafri also about my problem!!!! Can you answer my questoins ? Thank you so much advance, and you advice for solutoion my problem!!! Also i put picture , can you write your comment regarding it, it is possible , this picture is really ?

Kamran Jafri, MD
Subject:        head implants
Question:       QUESTION: Hello mr Jafri, my name is Ivan , i am from Kazakhstan!!! Therefore i can write with mistakes, advance sorry!!! I have problem with my head, more precisely with size, my head is small, then my face!!! Doing surgeon operation for increase size of head with implants, or different   kind of way!!! Have you done operation  in you  experienced before? Advance so much thanks for you answer!!!

ANSWER: Hello Ivan,

Thank you for your interesting question. What you are describing is a fairly common problem that needs to be evaluated in person by a plastic surgeon or craniofacial surgeon to determine what solutions may be possible for your specific case.

In general head shape can be changed with implants, fat injections, surgical treatment of bone deformities, hair transplants and calcium hydroxyapetite injections.

It really depends on what your head anatomy is like and a physical exam combined with possible skull X-rays or CT scan of the head can help determine a treatment plan.

In some cases it is better to do nothing as the dangers of correcting any head size maybe greater than the benefit.

I wish you all the best and a successful resolution to your concerns,

Dr. Kamran Jafri

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

head implant
head implant  
QUESTION: dear doctor Jafri can we meet for discuss about my problem, can i pass examination in you clinic for find solution? have you done operation for increase head by implants before? can you write address your clinic for me and price for exavimation and for operation and price of implants !! Thank you advance
Answer: Hello Ivan,

Thank you for kind inquiry but the best advice I can give you is to locate a Surgeon closer to you.

While I have many patients who fly in to see me, their surgeries have quicker recovery times and their follow up care is not as intensive as yours would possibly be.

Astana Medical University would be the sensible place to be examined and seen for your concerns.

Good luck to you!
Thank you & take care, Dr. Jafri

Dr. Jafri has already given a very good answer to your question. i have nothing more to add. You may start by doing a CT scan of the head and see a plastic surgeon in a major hospital setting, you might also need to be seen by a neurosurgeon. After full evaluation, the surgeons may decide to do a surgery on the skull bones and re-modell the shape ot you may be offered a custom made implant to be put between the skin and bone.

Plastic Surgery

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mohan Rangaswamy


I am a certified plastic surgeon with special interest on aesthetic surgery, practising in Dubai, U.A.E. dealing with patients form diverse nationalities. You can address questions to me on body and facial aesthetic surgery (liposuction, breast surgery, nose corrections, eyelid surgery, fat injections, botox and fillers) as well as reconstructive surgery. I also have experise in the area of peripheral nerve surgery such as carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve entrapments. I would especially welcome queries from net-surfers from this part of the world.


I have 17 years experience in reconstructive plastic surgery and over 12 years in aesthetic surgery. After qualifying as a general surgeon, I was fortunate to work in a unit that did complex reconstructive surgery and general surgery as well. This spurred my interest in plastic surgery as a career as the possibilities seemed to be amazing and limitless. This was the era when microsurgery and flaps captured our imagination. I further acquired formal training in Plastic surgery, burns, maxillofacial and hand surgery. this was followed by a training apprenticeship in aesthetic surgery. In my practice as a plastic surgeon, I do more aesthetic work now and am keen on developing minimal invasive surgery. I am a member of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, U.K.

Professional: Plastic and Reconstructive surgery journal, Acta Tropica, European journal of OB & Gyn etc.

©2017 All rights reserved.