Plastic Surgery/vy upper lip plasty

Can vy lip advancement be done in the upper lip creating a natural looking fullness, does it cover upper teeth show? Does it bring fullness to the body without effecting lip border? I am allergic to conventional fillers and fat and looking for an alternative to natural appearing lip augmentation without external scars.

VY  technique can give pout and fullness to central part of upper lip. Sometimes it is better to do a series of 3 smaller VY's -one central and one on either side. This will result in a "roll out" of the upper lip and some pout. It may not add much volume though. However i am surprised about your allergy to fillers and fat. You cannot be allergic to your own body fat; allergy to fillers is very rare especially to HA but possible.
My suggestion is to seek a plastic surgeon that does a lot of fat grafting and get the augmentation by fat. VY may be done later if required expecially to get a pout. Finally, if you have upper teeth show, VY will not correct that.

Plastic Surgery

Mohan Rangaswamy

I am a certified plastic surgeon with special interest on aesthetic surgery, practising in Dubai, U.A.E. dealing with patients form diverse nationalities. You can address questions to me on body and facial aesthetic surgery (liposuction, breast surgery, nose corrections, eyelid surgery, fat injections, botox and fillers) as well as reconstructive surgery. I also have experise in the area of peripheral nerve surgery such as carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve entrapments. I would especially welcome queries from net-surfers from this part of the world.

I have 17 years experience in reconstructive plastic surgery and over 12 years in aesthetic surgery. After qualifying as a general surgeon, I was fortunate to work in a unit that did complex reconstructive surgery and general surgery as well. This spurred my interest in plastic surgery as a career as the possibilities seemed to be amazing and limitless. This was the era when microsurgery and flaps captured our imagination. I further acquired formal training in Plastic surgery, burns, maxillofacial and hand surgery. this was followed by a training apprenticeship in aesthetic surgery. In my practice as a plastic surgeon, I do more aesthetic work now and am keen on developing minimal invasive surgery. I am a member of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, U.K.

Professional: Plastic and Reconstructive surgery journal, Acta Tropica, European journal of OB & Gyn etc.