Plastic Surgery/Old wrinkled skin

I am 56  and have very large pores, especially on my nose,and wrinkled skin. I knew it was going to happen, it runs on my mothers side of the family, just didn't  think this soon.
What would be the best way to get help. I can't afford a face lift so I'm wondering about a chemical peel or something else. Can you do a peel in sections instead of all at the same time?  Thank you, Patti

Hi Patti,

There certainly are a large variety of chemical peels than be used to improve skin tone and blemishes. Every patient is unique in there needs and a good starting point for you would be to see a cosmetic dermatologist and let them examine your skin.

Nasal pores can be tough to treat but they can made to appear better with salicylic acid or dead sea mud masks.

Lasers are also a nice treatment option and would certainly be helpful for the wrinkles.

If you skin is more than mildly loose than you may be best served with some type of surgical procedure as the more loose the skin is the less likely peels or lasers will help.

In this day and age face lifts have become more affordable and there are various types of face lifts that very well may fit your needs and budget.

Good luck to you!

Dr. Kamran Jafri

Plastic Surgery

Kamran Jafri, MD

Any and all topics relating to Facial Plastic Surgery: Facelifts, Mini-Lifts, Necklifts, Botox for Pores / Oily Skin, Botox for wrinkles, Fillers, Chemical Peels, Liposuction, Eyelid Surgery, Browlifts, Fat Injections. Cannot talk about Plastic Surgery of the Body.

Highly experienced double board certified Surgeon who has worked with thousands of Patients since 2002. Dr. Jafri has a niche private practice in Manhattan, New York specializing and focusing on Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of the Face and Neck. Dr. Jafri is a leading expert in the area of Facelifts with local anesthesia. To learn more about Dr. Jafri, visit his website at or call 212-888-0607.

American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery New York State Medical Society New York State Medical Society Committee on Ethics in Medical Practice

Board Certified American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Board Certified American Board of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery

Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society