Plastic Surgery/eyebrow lift or nose surgery

I had a blood clot burst on my facial nerve, confirmed with surgery. My forehead is completely paralyzed. I have slight movement around my mouth and cheek muscles. I can't tighten my nose on that side either. My nose is starting to sink in just below the bone. You can see it move in/out when breathing. When I push up on my forehead/eyebrow, it seems to tighten that skin. Should I get an eyebrow lift or see an ENT. It's bothersome when breathing. I have a gold weight in my eyelid to help it close and that Dr said he'd do a brow lift, but I didn't realize it might help my nose, so I didn't do it.

Hi Victoria,

Sorry to hear about the problems you have been experiencing. Certainly you have a number of complicated problems here and the primary concern is to make sure that you have the best functionality of your face possible and secondly have restoration of the aesthetic appearance of your face.

I think in these cases it is best to be seen by both an otolaryngologist (ENT physician) and a plastic surgeon so both issues can be addressed. Ideally you can see a double board certified ENT and Facial Plastic Surgeon who can give you advice and treat all areas of concern.

A brow lift is certainly helpful for many patients with your concerns. There are many ways of doing them and again seeing a surgeon who specializes in this can lead you to what viable options there are for you.

Options for you would include facial reanimation procedures (there are several types best discussed in person with a surgeon) and nasal reconstruction.

I wish you all the best,

Dr. Kamran Jafri

Plastic Surgery

Kamran Jafri, MD

Any and all topics relating to Facial Plastic Surgery: Facelifts, Mini-Lifts, Necklifts, Botox for Pores / Oily Skin, Botox for wrinkles, Fillers, Chemical Peels, Liposuction, Eyelid Surgery, Browlifts, Fat Injections. Cannot talk about Plastic Surgery of the Body.

Highly experienced double board certified Surgeon who has worked with thousands of Patients since 2002. Dr. Jafri has a niche private practice in Manhattan, New York specializing and focusing on Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of the Face and Neck. Dr. Jafri is a leading expert in the area of Facelifts with local anesthesia. To learn more about Dr. Jafri, visit his website at or call 212-888-0607.

American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery New York State Medical Society New York State Medical Society Committee on Ethics in Medical Practice

Board Certified American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Board Certified American Board of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery

Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society