Plastic Surgery/changing implant size

QUESTION: Hello dr mohan,

6 years ago I had breast lift with implants,i asked the dr to place me with size C cup but instead I ended up with double D.

Now am thinking to go down to cup B...

my questions I need another breast lift if am goin down from cup DD to B? and how will the procedure be?

I live in Dubai as well.

ANSWER: certainly you will need a lift procedure again. In fact your operation will involve removal of the old implant, adjustment of the pocket, insertion of a new smaller implant and a reduction procedure to get rid of excess skin and tissues. It is there fore a type of lift-reduction. The surgery gets more extensive and the risk of cosmetic dis-satisfaction is also higher.
Since there are multiple factors , it becomes difficult to control the healing process; there may be slight asymmetries when the healing is complete. You need to be aware of this possibility.
Another option is to remove the implant and just do a reduction procedure since you just want to be a B size.
These decisions will be taken jointly at consultation.
I hope you have some clarity on the issue now.

QUESTION: hello again dr mohan,

if its ok with you telling me how much it would cost?

thank u again.

discussion of costs is outside the scope of this forum and besides costs vary depending on the practice and so many other factors. it also depends on if a new implant is inserted or not. If you are interested to proceed, you may see me for a consultation as you live in Dubai. i prefer to see you at the american academy of cosmetic surgery hospital in healthcare city. Costs are similar to a breast lift surgery.
you may find my contact details on my website.

Plastic Surgery

Mohan Rangaswamy

I am a certified plastic surgeon with special interest on aesthetic surgery, practising in Dubai, U.A.E. dealing with patients form diverse nationalities. You can address questions to me on body and facial aesthetic surgery (liposuction, breast surgery, nose corrections, eyelid surgery, fat injections, botox and fillers) as well as reconstructive surgery. I also have experise in the area of peripheral nerve surgery such as carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve entrapments. I would especially welcome queries from net-surfers from this part of the world.

I have 17 years experience in reconstructive plastic surgery and over 12 years in aesthetic surgery. After qualifying as a general surgeon, I was fortunate to work in a unit that did complex reconstructive surgery and general surgery as well. This spurred my interest in plastic surgery as a career as the possibilities seemed to be amazing and limitless. This was the era when microsurgery and flaps captured our imagination. I further acquired formal training in Plastic surgery, burns, maxillofacial and hand surgery. this was followed by a training apprenticeship in aesthetic surgery. In my practice as a plastic surgeon, I do more aesthetic work now and am keen on developing minimal invasive surgery. I am a member of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, U.K.

Professional: Plastic and Reconstructive surgery journal, Acta Tropica, European journal of OB & Gyn etc.