Plastic Surgery/changing implant size

Question
QUESTION: Hello dr mohan,

6 years ago I had breast lift with implants,i asked the dr to place me with size C cup but instead I ended up with double D.

Now am thinking to go down to cup B...

my questions is...do I need another breast lift if am goin down from cup DD to B? and how will the procedure be?

I live in Dubai as well.

thx,
lama

ANSWER: certainly you will need a lift procedure again. In fact your operation will involve removal of the old implant, adjustment of the pocket, insertion of a new smaller implant and a reduction procedure to get rid of excess skin and tissues. It is there fore a type of lift-reduction. The surgery gets more extensive and the risk of cosmetic dis-satisfaction is also higher.
Since there are multiple factors , it becomes difficult to control the healing process; there may be slight asymmetries when the healing is complete. You need to be aware of this possibility.
Another option is to remove the implant and just do a reduction procedure since you just want to be a B size.
These decisions will be taken jointly at consultation.
I hope you have some clarity on the issue now.

QUESTION: hello again dr mohan,

if its ok with you telling me how much it would cost?

thank u again.

lama

Answer
discussion of costs is outside the scope of this forum and besides costs vary depending on the practice and so many other factors. it also depends on if a new implant is inserted or not. If you are interested to proceed, you may see me for a consultation as you live in Dubai. i prefer to see you at the american academy of cosmetic surgery hospital in healthcare city. Costs are similar to a breast lift surgery.
you may find my contact details on my website.

Plastic Surgery

Mohan Rangaswamy