Plastic Surgery/breast reduction with implant

Question
hello dr howard,

6 years ago I had breast lift with implants,i asked the dr to place me with size C cup but instead I ended up with double D.

Now am thinking to go down to cup B...

my questions is...do I need another breast lift if am goin down from cup DD to B? and how will the procedure be?

thanks.
lama

Answer
Lama

That depends on the shape of your breast and your overall goals.  

In some cases, you can get by with just replacing the implant with a smaller one, but in your case, desiring to go from a double D to a B, that seems to be a far greater change than could be accomplished with implant change.

Probably going to a B is unrealistic if you want to maintain good shape, but if you were satisfied with a full C to small D, than a combination on a smaller implant with a breast reduction would be the most likely solution.

If you are considering this option, you should seek a surgeon who is very familiar with this type of revision surgery.  The results are very good in the proper hands, but it is a procedure that requires considerable skill and experience.

Sincerely
Howard A. Tobin MD FACS

Plastic Surgery

Howard Tobin MD FACS