Plastic Surgery/atrophic scars

I have several indented scars on the tip and top of my nose that have developed over the past 3 years. Some look like large pores that never shrink. Is there anything besides fillers that would heal these? I have heard that some places do needling that will encourage collagen to refill them. I have some 10% glycolic acid facial cream but am wondering if that may make them worse. They really look bad and obvious. Please help!

Hi Rose,

Certainly fillers would be helpful to some degree. They ar eeasy to do and can get good results. The downside is that they need to be repeated over time.

It is possible that some form of laser resurfacing might help but you would need an exam first to see if that is possible.

Needling would only provide minor and very limited benefit especially in the nasal skin which tends to be thicker at the tip.

Surgical excision would not be advised in this area of the nose.

Take care,

Dr. Jafri

Plastic Surgery

Kamran Jafri, MD

Any and all topics relating to Facial Plastic Surgery: Facelifts, Mini-Lifts, Necklifts, Botox for Pores / Oily Skin, Botox for wrinkles, Fillers, Chemical Peels, Liposuction, Eyelid Surgery, Browlifts, Fat Injections. Cannot talk about Plastic Surgery of the Body.

Highly experienced double board certified Surgeon who has worked with thousands of Patients since 2002. Dr. Jafri has a niche private practice in Manhattan, New York specializing and focusing on Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of the Face and Neck. Dr. Jafri is a leading expert in the area of Facelifts with local anesthesia. To learn more about Dr. Jafri, visit his website at or call 212-888-0607.

American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery New York State Medical Society New York State Medical Society Committee on Ethics in Medical Practice

Board Certified American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Board Certified American Board of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery

Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society