Plastic Surgery/2006 tummy tuck

Question
I had a full tummy tuck along mid stomach and breast reduction/lift.  I had lost over 100lbs.with gastric bypass surgery.  Over the last few years I have dropped some more weight.  I was 170 for the longest time then went to 129 and back to 145.  Now I am about 140.  
Getting to my question.... When I bend over, occasionally I get a cramp in my abdomen which feels like a tightening of a muscle. Almost like the start of a Charlie horse.  It goes away if I change my position.  It is on my lower right front, near my incision scar.  Also today I felt this same feeling on my left side upon sitting.  I have Been very active today.  My family Dr. tends to think that it is just scar tissue.   Should i be concerned?   Maybe go to my plastic Dr.
Thank you in advance to answering my question.
Kim Smith

Answer
Kim
That's tough to answer without actually examining you. Sounds like your surgery was quite a while ago so pain frm scarring, while possible, is less likely. It doesn't sound too serious, on the surface, but I would definitely recommend having your surgeon check you. There might be something that can be done to eliminate the problem

Good luck

Sincerely
Howard Tobin MD FACS

Plastic Surgery

Howard Tobin MD FACS