Plastic Surgery/hard lump area after infection

Question
i had a staph strep infection about 2-3 weeks ago that has been cleared up by IV on my jaw area. my face peeled and i am healthy again, however, on the spot whre my infection was i have a hard, lumpy spot. what is this? scar tissue? should i massage it?

also, if i want to get beard transplants in this area, how long should i wait?

Answer
Hi<
Thank you for your question. The lump may very well be a scar tissue especially if its not painful,red and warm. It is not uncommon to have scar tissue build up if there was an a deep lesion/ infection that had to heal form inside. The process may have damaged some of the deeper tissue including the fat in the area. This will initially feel firm and usually will soften up over a few months.
Massage with clean hands is ok. You should make sure that you mention this to the doctor who was treating you to make sure it is nota residual deep part of the infection that has not resolved yet. They can then follow you and make sure that you are not colonized with the bacteria and lessen your chance of recurrence.
Thank you again.

Plastic Surgery

babak farzaneh