Plastic Surgery/Liposuction cost

I am a 5'6, 24 yr old female. I wear a dress size 8-10, and have never had kids. I am very active and fit with a few small areas of unwanted fat. My goal is to drop to a dress size 6. To do this I would like to have liposuction in my abdomen and hips. I live in Richmond, VA which has a comparatively lower cost of living than many places in the country. Can you give me an estimate of how much you might charge for a procedure such as this?

Thank you.

Liposuction is a great procedure in treating excess fat in special target areas that are out of proportion with the rest of the body. It is a great option for reshaping the body .Liposuction of the abdomen starts at about $4000. I am not sure what area of the hips you are referring to. It's really difficult to give an estimate without consultation. Also depending on the amount of surgery, at times if deemed safe,  lipo can be performed under local anesthesia which saves on the cost as well.
I think that you will be much more helped if you have a consultation with a few surgeons in your area, look at some before and after pictures of their patients. Also ask to speak to some of their patients.
Wish you much success on this journey.
Babak Farzaneh, M.D.

Plastic Surgery

babak farzaneh

I am a COSMETIC SURGEON and exclusively practice cosmetic surgery. I can answer all questions regarding cosmetic surgery of the face, body and breast. I have been in practice since 2006. I prefer not to answer questions regarding reconstruction, microvascular surgery or hand surgery.

I have been in private practice since 2006 performing all aspects of body, face and breast cosmetic surgery. To date I have performed over three thousands cometic surgery procedures with less than 0.5% revision rate.

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery

I completed a two year post residency accredited cosmetic surgery fellowship program. To date, I have performed over three thousand cosmetic surgery procedures. I am a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where I obtained dual degrees in Biology and Chemistry. In 2001 I received my Medical Degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Following graduation, I served my residency in general and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Maryland Hospital, where I was awarded the coveted designation of “intern of the year.” Subsequently, I completed an additional two-year fellowship in face, breast and body cosmetic surgery under the directorship of Dr. Howard Tobin, past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

Most Compassionate Doctor 2010 Patients’ Choice Award 2008 Patients’ Choice Award 2010