Plastic Surgery/Improving forward facial growth

Question
Hi Dr,

I am a 24 year old male and feel my face is lacking in horizontal growth. I have an underbite and am undergoing orthodontics to fix it however do not require a lefort. My main concern is my odd looking smile and large nasolabial folds that are as a result of my flat face. Could you please advise on ways I can improve my forward growth? I have heard of paranasal augmentation however have read mixed reviews.

Also, the skin on my face is quite loose despite me being a fit and relatively low bodyfat (14%). Will fillers in my cheek area tighten the skin on my face?

Thankyou

Answer
You live i  Australia and orthognathic surgery is well advanced there. Lefort osteotomy and distraction is the best. As for paranasal aug, fillers and fat graft, all of these are useful as long as you know that these are compromises. But yes i understand your reluctance for major surgery so you may go for implants and fat graft as well as thread lifts to address your cocerns. You should get useful improvement.

Plastic Surgery

Mohan Rangaswamy