Plastic Surgery/Plastic Surgery

I am expected to get a black mole removed from my face (2mm-4mm in size).

Will I need stitches or bandages? And if so, for how long?

Thank you

This really depends on the plan you discussed with your surgeon. Lesions that have been biopsied and proven to be benign can be treated in various ways, such as shave excision or a deeper excision that requires sutures to close the resulting defect. Some surgeons place sutures only on the inside and some use additional sutures on the outside. If the lesion is shaved, some surgeons will use cautery to stop bleeding and create a small scab that is usually treated with antibiotic ointment, protection from the sun, etc. I’d advise you to talk to your surgeon before your procedure so everyone is on the same page with the treatment plan.

Plastic Surgery

Dr. Audrey Klenke

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Audrey Klenke and her team provide advanced healthcare for people seeking reconstructive or cosmetic surgery to enhance their well-being. We understand that living well includes feeling good about the way you look. As Beaufort County’s only female plastic surgeon, Dr. Audrey Klenke offers a unique perspective, driven by modern perceptions of aesthetics. She views cosmetic surgery as a natural part of a healthy lifestyle. Pinnacle Plastic Surgery also offers a state-of-the-art medical spa, where your vision is our inspiration. Our Licensed Esthetician specializes in age-defying treatments, and our Certified Permanent Makeup Artist provides medical tattoo services including eyebrows, eyeliner, lips, 3-D nipple/areola restoration and more. Whether you’re looking for fabulous quick fixes, like Botox® and Juvederm®, or time-honored surgical procedures, like facelift and tummy tuck, our goal is to help you look your best at any age.

Dr. Klenke completed her plastic surgery residency training program at the University of Cincinnati, where she served as the Chief Administrative Resident in the Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery. She is a published writer in the fields of breast cancer, non-surgical options and facial contouring.

American Medical Association, Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce, Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce and Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce

Care Magazine, FIT Magazine, The Island Packet and The Bluffton Sun

*Chief Administrative Resident: University of Cincinnati Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery *Doctor of Medicine: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine *BA in Biopsychology: Vassar College

*The Island News Favorites (2015) *WTOC Best of the Lowcountry (2015) *The Island Packet Readers’ Choice Awards (2014/2015) *Best of Bluffton (2014/2015) *Sun Today Select (2014/2015) *Hilton Head Monthly's Reader's Choice Awards (2014)