Plastic Surgery/Deviated Nasal Bone Surgery

Question
Hello

I have a deviated nasal bone. My question is that will surgery of deviated nasal bone will cause me pain once the effect of general anethesia wears off?

Answer
Of course, there is always some pain involved with surgery, and the degree of pain varies to a great extent depending on the patient's tolerance for pain and the procedure performed.  Having said that, the pain that results from nasal reconstruction is generally considered moderate and easily tolerated by most patients.  Typically only mild pain medications are required by most patients and the pain lasts only a few days..  The degree of pain also varies depending on what is done.  Filing the bone down is generally less painful than if it is necessary to fracture the bones.

Hope this helps

Sincerely
Howard Tobin MD FACS

Plastic Surgery

Howard Tobin MD FACS