Plastic Surgery/changing implant

Question
Hello dr alan,

7 years ago I had breast lift with 350cc implant that I ended up with 34d/32dd cup size...now I want to change the implant with smaller size to 32B ...how many cc to acheive 32b cup size?

Thank you.

Answer
from Dr. Alan Engler
member of RealSelf100

Hi Jil,

There is no absolute answer to this, and you'll have to see a plastic surgeon in person for a full and complete discussion.  There are specifics that can only be addressed by someone who can examine you.

However, in general, it's generally considered about 150-200 cc of implant per bra cup size, with less for smaller people and more for larger people (shoulder size, back size, amount of subcutaneous tissue, etc).  So the more the implant represents ALL of the material the fills the bra, the more it determines (solely) the bra size.  That's sort of a good place to start.

Reducing the implant size will not necessarily reduce the back size.  And you may require a revision of the lift (tightening of the tissues) if you're going to have a smaller implant put in.

As you can see, there is no absolute formula that can be used.  The implant size is controllable but it's only one factor of the many that have to be considered for surgery such as this, whether primary or revision.

I hope that this helps and good luck

Dr. Alan Engler
www.bodysculpture.com

Plastic Surgery

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS