Plastic Surgery/Fixing a face

Ugly Girl
Ugly Girl  
QUESTION: What can be done to fix this plain face? I'm looking for something less temporary, and something that will not only balance my face but make me look gorgeous.

What can I be doing at home?

I also wish to know why does my face look this way? Is it a skeletal thing? Long face syndrome? Sickness? why is it out of proportion of the golden ratio?

My face looks rather awkward and overly vertical  while not even having any horizontal length minus the jutting formation of my nose.

Help me!

First of all, you are not an ugly girl.  It is impossible to give specific advice about cosmetic surgery without a personal consultation, so before making any decisions, you should consult one or more qualified cosmetic surgeons.

However, in general the procedures that I would recommend you consider would be a rhinoplasty (nose surgery) and chin augmentation (chin implant).  You do have a fairly significant receding chin, and a silicone implant could improve the projection of the chin which would greatly enhance your appearance.  

A rhinoplasty could reduce, thin and reshape your nose to a more attractive appearance.

The rest of your features look just fine and I think with better hair styling, skin care and makeup, you could be a very attractive girl.

Hope this helps

Howard Tobin MD FACS

QUESTION: Could the discrepancy exist because of a tooth issue like an overjet? I do have one.

How do I know if plastic surgery is correct if it is a small jaw issue? Shouldn't that be more  in line with max fax since it seems to be more structural rather than soft tissue? Wouldn't adding just plastic disguise the problem rather than solve the problem?

I don't know if I am saying this correctly...

Yes it could.  Orthodontic (or maxillofacial) treatment, which alters the bone structure, could be a consideration but is much more extensive.  An implant would not change dental function but could well improve appearance.  It all depends on whether you have any functional impairment or how much surgery you choose to undergo

Howard Tobin MD FACS

Plastic Surgery

Howard Tobin MD FACS

I can answer questions related to Cosmetic Surgery. I cannot answer questions related to reconstruction, burn treatment, cleft palate surgery or traumatic surgery. My practice is, and has been for 36 years, limited to Cosmetic Surgery. For further information, go to

As mentioned above, I have exclusively practiced cosmetic surgery for over 36 years. My practice encompases all aspects of cosmetic surgery

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (past president) American Society of Liposuction Surgery (past president) Cosmetic Surgical Society of Texas (past president) Fellow American College of Surgeons Texas Medical Association see cv on website for further details

Seventy three published articles. see cv on website for further details

Graduate of Princeton University and Baylor College of Medicine Internship - University of Virginia Residency - Baylor Medical College Affiliated Residencies Fellowship - University of Cincinnati see cv on website for further details

American Medical Association - Physician's Recognition Award; 1969- present American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Honor Award, October, 1983 American Board of Cosmetic Surgery - Certificate of Appreciation - 1987 American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Best presentation at 1987 annual meeting: "Revision Mammaplasty with Replicon Prosthesis" Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare Certificate of Appreciation 1989-90 American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Honor Award for distinguished service, 1989 American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Appreciation Award for authorship of monograph on outpatient surgery , 1993 Certificate of Excellence in Continuing Medical Education in Cosmetic Surgery, 1993 - American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. International Academy of Aesthetic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine - Honor Award, 1994 American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Recognition plaque following term of Presidency - 1995 Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare Special Citation of Appreciation for Service; November 1996 International Academy of Aesthetic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine - Appointed honorary North American President, 1995 1997 American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery: Award for excellence in cosmetic surgery; Jan 2003 Cosmetic Surgical Society of Texas Appreciation Award for Leadership; 2004 Honorary Member Mexican Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 2007

A past sponsor of the Miss Texas USA pageant, he has also served as a judge for this and other pageants. His patients include many pageant contestants and winners up to the Miss Universe title