Plastics/Plastic for battery housing

Question
Hello Mr Keeley,

I am not sure if this is inside your area or not, but I am looking for the name of a particular type of plastic. A while ago I read about a new type of plastic being developed that was intended for devices containing batteries. This plastic is made to taste very bad in order to prevent children from putting it in their mouths. Do you know anything about this type of thing? I have been trying to find out the name of this material but I am not having much success so far. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Eddie

Answer
Eddie,

It seems to me that the material manufacturer has mixed in some type of taste additive to keep kids from putting these things in their mouths. I would contact a material supplier and ask them the question.
SABIC http://www.sabic.com/corporate/en/

Polyone http://www.polyone.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

Rik

Plastics

Richard W. Keeley