Plastics/Plastic for battery housing

Hello Mr Keeley,

I am not sure if this is inside your area or not, but I am looking for the name of a particular type of plastic. A while ago I read about a new type of plastic being developed that was intended for devices containing batteries. This plastic is made to taste very bad in order to prevent children from putting it in their mouths. Do you know anything about this type of thing? I have been trying to find out the name of this material but I am not having much success so far. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

It seems to me that the material manufacturer has mixed in some type of taste additive to keep kids from putting these things in their mouths. I would contact a material supplier and ask them the question.

Richard W. Keeley

Hands on training of technical and operational personnel in all aspects of machine operations, quality monitoring, and process capability studies in a molding machine environment. Complete operation of production line facilities from concept (PPAP runoffs) to full production run statistics. Capable of a wide range of competencies on various computers systems and computer software. (RJG cavity and press monitoring, scientific molding methods and 8D problem solving tools) An ability to use continuous improvement techniques to maintain quality of products, scrap reduction and operating expenses in a manufacturing environment (TQM) Ability to trouble shoot Programmable Logic Control Systems (PLC’s)

A strong commitment to achieving sustained customer satisfaction through the use of quality systems. Met with customers on a regular basis to develop machine specifications and solve operational problems. Conducted customer training and troubleshooting on all types of machine operations throughout the United States and Central America. Experienced in the set-up and entertaining of customers at plastics industry expositions and trade shows.

Society of Plastics Engineers Society of Plastics Industry

Ferris State College, Big Rapids, MI 1983. Associate Degree in Plastics Engineering Technology. Member of Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Active participation in professional development workshops and seminars