Plastics/Noryl 30% filled

Hello Robert.
What are the barrel temperatures for 30% filled Noryl, based on your experience?
I am manufacturing a part which most of its body is about 3 mm thick but there is a place which is 1 mm thick only.
I observed during the injection phase that the injecting process is slowed suddenly .
Do you think I can overcome it if I will raise the temperatures a bit?
What temperatures should I avoid - not to burn the material?
Thank you , Dani.

Hi Dani,
You should use the recommended temps from the material supplier.
With regard to your other problems I would need more information regarding the part design etc.
I can be contacted on or you can reply to this answer.

kind regards,

Robert Tomlinson

Tooling design,design for manufacture,tooling procurement,machine design,machine procurement,
Processes injection moulding,injection blow moulding,extrusion blow moulding, process control,productivity improvement,Quality,Decoration,Assembly,Automation.Thin wall moulding expert.

Recent and past projects. ?Designed various closures for a new type of composite tube and assisted company in bringing the product to market one design now in use by a major high street retail group a second design is currently moving into the production phase. ?Assisted a company in procuring sheet materials for a construction project. ?Identified source of a foreign plastic body for a major manufacturer of food products. ?Outsourced the manufacture of a building product reducing the cost of manufacture by 10%. ?Provided technical assistance to a manufacturer of blank car registration plates which improved production and reduced rejects. ?Provided interim management for a manufacturer of composite GRP tubes and structures. ?Carried out commercial due diligence and technical appraisal of a manufacturer of plastic products on behalf of the buyer a major investment group. ?Provided technical assistance to a major producer of closures with a hot runner and colour change problem. ?Provided technical assistance with a problem regarding a mould tool and hot runner system processing PET. ?Carried out research and development of a patented testing system for a major pharmaceutical manufacturer. ?Designed and implemented a manufacturing cell that produced annual savings of over 35k. ?Designed and project managed a transfer system of mouldings from the point of manufacture to the warehouse that reduced labour and eliminated bottle necks. ?Increased the production of aerosol caps by 16% at a leading European manufacturer which resulted in an increase of 600k components per day. ?Invented, designed and implemented an automatic part rejection system that reduced labour and customer complaints at a closure manufacturer. ?Set up joint venture between Indian and UK manufacturer. ?Designed auto engine support mounting bracket that reduced cost of manufacture. ?Designed planned preventative maintenance system for a manufacturer that reduce downtime by 10%. ?Reduced the cost of machine spares by 10% for an injection moulding company. ?Designed an automatic water cooling evacuation system as part of a single minute exchange of die project. ?Carried out procurement of replacement plastic pump parts for a Saudi Arabian company. ?Carried out appraisal and valuation of plant for a company prior to them purchasing a company. These are only a few of the successful projects that have been undertaken by Plastic Moulding Solutions since it?s formation if you require assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements.