Plastics/Help me wow my boss

I'm a temp at my local blow stretch blow moulding plant. I've only been there a short time, but with out turnover rate, at 13 or so months I'm a veteran. Rumor has it that there is going to be a few more machines coming to our shop, which mean possibly more hired in jobs. As far as temps go, I'm arguably the best. I can pack everything, I do quality at 3000+ bottles an hour, and on a couple of occasions, I've troubleshooted/shot our scrap problem with my limited knowledge of the machine.

What I need though is concrete resources from which I can learn discretely.
So that when the time is right, I can present myself as the best candidate for the job.

Everyone on the floor knows it already, the only person I have left to convince is the plant manager, who is near unapproachable.

Please Advise,

Hi Pete,
You do not say if the process is single stage stretch blow or two stage with a preform.
I suggest you look on the internet for sources of information regarding the process you are using in the States there are two internationally known training organisation Paulson is one the other name escapes me at the moment who do training over the internet not sure if they cover blow moulding.
It is also a good idea to try and obtain as much information about the materials that you are processing from suppliers or other internal sources once you understand how the material behaves during processing you will increase your knowledge of fixing problems.
Another source of information is the machine supplier see if you can have access to the machine manual depending on machine supplier will depend on the information available some suppliers provide training in the machine with training manuals.
If the plant manager is unapproachable find someone who can approach the guy and use them to push your case hope this helps you with your job prospects.

Robert Tomlinson

Tooling design,design for manufacture,tooling procurement,machine design,machine procurement,
Processes injection moulding,injection blow moulding,extrusion blow moulding, process control,productivity improvement,Quality,Decoration,Assembly,Automation.Thin wall moulding expert.

Recent and past projects. ?Designed various closures for a new type of composite tube and assisted company in bringing the product to market one design now in use by a major high street retail group a second design is currently moving into the production phase. ?Assisted a company in procuring sheet materials for a construction project. ?Identified source of a foreign plastic body for a major manufacturer of food products. ?Outsourced the manufacture of a building product reducing the cost of manufacture by 10%. ?Provided technical assistance to a manufacturer of blank car registration plates which improved production and reduced rejects. ?Provided interim management for a manufacturer of composite GRP tubes and structures. ?Carried out commercial due diligence and technical appraisal of a manufacturer of plastic products on behalf of the buyer a major investment group. ?Provided technical assistance to a major producer of closures with a hot runner and colour change problem. ?Provided technical assistance with a problem regarding a mould tool and hot runner system processing PET. ?Carried out research and development of a patented testing system for a major pharmaceutical manufacturer. ?Designed and implemented a manufacturing cell that produced annual savings of over 35k. ?Designed and project managed a transfer system of mouldings from the point of manufacture to the warehouse that reduced labour and eliminated bottle necks. ?Increased the production of aerosol caps by 16% at a leading European manufacturer which resulted in an increase of 600k components per day. ?Invented, designed and implemented an automatic part rejection system that reduced labour and customer complaints at a closure manufacturer. ?Set up joint venture between Indian and UK manufacturer. ?Designed auto engine support mounting bracket that reduced cost of manufacture. ?Designed planned preventative maintenance system for a manufacturer that reduce downtime by 10%. ?Reduced the cost of machine spares by 10% for an injection moulding company. ?Designed an automatic water cooling evacuation system as part of a single minute exchange of die project. ?Carried out procurement of replacement plastic pump parts for a Saudi Arabian company. ?Carried out appraisal and valuation of plant for a company prior to them purchasing a company. These are only a few of the successful projects that have been undertaken by Plastic Moulding Solutions since it?s formation if you require assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements.