Plastics/Information Request

Hello my name is Jonathan Heard and I attend Chapin Highschool in El Paso, TX. I am in the engineering magnet program and for my final senior project I decided to tackle the issue of plastic bottle pollution and its harm to the environment (mainly the ocean). I am currently developing an alternative to plastic bottles and I would like to acquire additional information relating to my topic and kindly ask for your support for the duration of this project. I greatly appreciate your time. Thank you.

Jonathan Heard

Hi Jonathan,
I will help so long as it does not get in the way of other things.
My own view is that litter of any kind should be tackled at source ie the person who creates the pollution not the pollution technology exists to overcome this problem but I view this as a waste of valuable resources being devoted to a people problem.

kind regards,

Robert Tomlinson

Tooling design,design for manufacture,tooling procurement,machine design,machine procurement,
Processes injection moulding,injection blow moulding,extrusion blow moulding, process control,productivity improvement,Quality,Decoration,Assembly,Automation.Thin wall moulding expert.

Recent and past projects. ?Designed various closures for a new type of composite tube and assisted company in bringing the product to market one design now in use by a major high street retail group a second design is currently moving into the production phase. ?Assisted a company in procuring sheet materials for a construction project. ?Identified source of a foreign plastic body for a major manufacturer of food products. ?Outsourced the manufacture of a building product reducing the cost of manufacture by 10%. ?Provided technical assistance to a manufacturer of blank car registration plates which improved production and reduced rejects. ?Provided interim management for a manufacturer of composite GRP tubes and structures. ?Carried out commercial due diligence and technical appraisal of a manufacturer of plastic products on behalf of the buyer a major investment group. ?Provided technical assistance to a major producer of closures with a hot runner and colour change problem. ?Provided technical assistance with a problem regarding a mould tool and hot runner system processing PET. ?Carried out research and development of a patented testing system for a major pharmaceutical manufacturer. ?Designed and implemented a manufacturing cell that produced annual savings of over 35k. ?Designed and project managed a transfer system of mouldings from the point of manufacture to the warehouse that reduced labour and eliminated bottle necks. ?Increased the production of aerosol caps by 16% at a leading European manufacturer which resulted in an increase of 600k components per day. ?Invented, designed and implemented an automatic part rejection system that reduced labour and customer complaints at a closure manufacturer. ?Set up joint venture between Indian and UK manufacturer. ?Designed auto engine support mounting bracket that reduced cost of manufacture. ?Designed planned preventative maintenance system for a manufacturer that reduce downtime by 10%. ?Reduced the cost of machine spares by 10% for an injection moulding company. ?Designed an automatic water cooling evacuation system as part of a single minute exchange of die project. ?Carried out procurement of replacement plastic pump parts for a Saudi Arabian company. ?Carried out appraisal and valuation of plant for a company prior to them purchasing a company. These are only a few of the successful projects that have been undertaken by Plastic Moulding Solutions since it?s formation if you require assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements.