Playground Safety and Design/Hanging a swing

I have an alley and 2 brick walls. I would like to hang a swing by hanging a piece of wood between the two walls. however I do not want to make a hole in both sides of the walls I only want to screw in one side. How is it possible me to hang the wood by using screws in one side without screwing on the other. Maybe I can use it by applying pressure. Thank you.

If it was possible and you had enough space between the walls ? I would build an angled wood frame against each wall to support the swing beam and not attach the beam by itself to the walls. The only way that might work would be to have a heavy metal collar,4 to 6 inches deep, with a flange all around so you could bolt the flange to the brick wall at all four corners at least. Good luck, Bob  

Playground Safety and Design

Bob Meihaus

I can provide experienced answers, options, solutions and personal opinion on almost any topic concerning children`s playgrounds residential or commercial. Including questions on design, construction, maintenance, groundcover, accesiblity and most importantly safety.

For 23 years owner of custom design and build playground company. Over that time designed and built thousands of residential and commercial play structures.

Certified Safety Inspector and member ASTM committees on playground safety for commercial and residential play areas.