Playground Safety and Design/plyground

I am constructing a playground with wood chips. If the surface is un even how can I even it out to place a border around the playground. Or is a border necessary.

Hard to say what you should do without knowing how much of a slope or hill you are dealing with. In most cases wood chips do require a boarder to contain them. Sometimes on a slope you can actually take advantage of the slope so that you may only need to install a boarder on three sides ,not the up hill side. Along the sides you can start with a single boarder and add height if necessary as you work down the slope so at the bottom the ends of both sides match the necessary height, for containment, of the front boarder. Good luck, Bob

Playground Safety and Design

Bob Meihaus

I can provide experienced answers, options, solutions and personal opinion on almost any topic concerning children`s playgrounds residential or commercial. Including questions on design, construction, maintenance, groundcover, accesiblity and most importantly safety.

For 23 years owner of custom design and build playground company. Over that time designed and built thousands of residential and commercial play structures.

Certified Safety Inspector and member ASTM committees on playground safety for commercial and residential play areas.