Plays/Two person Shakespeare scenes

Do you have any good recommendations for a two person (male, male) scene from Shakespeare? Preferably from the play the Tempest. The style of scene does not matter and I just wanted a good recommendation.

Hi Hoon -

Thanks for your email!

There are a couple of great scenes for 2 people in the Tempest:

I,2 - the piece of the scene between Ariel and Prospero (Ariel was originally a male character)

II,1 - the piece of the scene between Sebastian and Antonio

If these don't work for you, let me know and I'll try to suggest something else - if not from the Tempest, there are many other plays to choose from.

Shannon Kisch

I can answer many Shakespeare (plays and Elizabethan theater historic)-related questions. I also have a fair degree of knowledge in the field of modern English-speaking playwrights.

I am Artistic Director of an English-speaking community theater in Jerusalem. In this capacity, I have directed both modern and classical works, with an emphasis on Shakespeare. I have a BA in Theater Studies from Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and I was recently accepted as an MA candidate at the Shakespeare Institute at Stratford-Upon-Avon

Center Stage Theater - Artistic Director

B.A. (Magna cuum Laude) - Theater Studies, Hebrew U.