Plumbing in the Home/Loose Grohe Ladylux Kitchen Faucet

John Bilnoski wrote at 2009-11-22 16:02:47
This will not work. There is no access to the tightening nut from below. Will need to figure out how to disassemble from the counter top above.

SpecialTools Stink wrote at 2012-12-08 18:02:53
Sharon's answer is true for most faucets, however, she is wrong about the Grohe.

The LadyLux model tightens from the top.  That is, you have to disassemble the faucet above the counter to tighten it to the counter.  You also need a special tool which should have come with the faucet.  Visit their website and download the instruction pdf for your model.  The wrench, which looks more like a knob, is listed there.

Plumbing in the Home

Sharon McCarthy

I can help with most questions about residential plumbing repairs. I am familiar with septic systems, and can answer some questions about water wells. I have no experience with commercial plumbing or codes.

I have been a sole-proprietor service plumber in two small towns north of Phoenix Arizona for 26 years.

I wrote a monthly column for the United Steelworkers of America local 1033 [Chicago] newsletter from 1978 to 1982. I wrote an article for "The Theosophist" in 1977 and have had dozens of letters to the editor in many newspapers, including a recent "My Turn" article in the Arizona Republic.

High school and three years of college. My step-father, having worked 40 years in the plumbing trade in Chicago, trained me for two years. The rest has been hands-on experience.

Many hundreds of good people in Cave Creek and Carefree Arizona