Plumbing in the Home/Delta tub/shower install trickle flow of water

Florida Jim wrote at 2011-01-30 00:14:25
I have the exact same proublem DELTA IS CRAP!!!!!

After spending thousands of dollars remodeling a bath,now I have to go back and tear it up again. I will never buy a delta product again

dandi wrote at 2013-06-26 03:24:16
I just did the same thing after finding this post and fixed my Delta low flow problem also.  I think a quicker and easier solution could have been to turn off water, remove cartridge and take an extending magnet tool in the opening at the back of the valve assembly that has a small pipe running up and down through it (just above the water inlet openings).  The rust particles seem to be stuck just below the bottom edge in that opening.  Might have saved a lot of time and trouble, but I am happy I found this post and an answer to my problem.

Plumbing in the Home

Sharon McCarthy

I can help with most questions about residential plumbing repairs. I am familiar with septic systems, and can answer some questions about water wells. I have no experience with commercial plumbing or codes.

I have been a sole-proprietor service plumber in two small towns north of Phoenix Arizona for 26 years.

I wrote a monthly column for the United Steelworkers of America local 1033 [Chicago] newsletter from 1978 to 1982. I wrote an article for "The Theosophist" in 1977 and have had dozens of letters to the editor in many newspapers, including a recent "My Turn" article in the Arizona Republic.

High school and three years of college. My step-father, having worked 40 years in the plumbing trade in Chicago, trained me for two years. The rest has been hands-on experience.

Many hundreds of good people in Cave Creek and Carefree Arizona