Plumbing in the Home/Grohe facuet cartridge

Andy wrote at 2014-07-27 06:05:45
This is an old thread, but since I found it, others may, too. Putty is never the solution for a leak.  All the putty is supposed to do is keep water from going somewhere it isn't supposed to go. You do not need putty under a counter-mount faucet to prevent leaks; if there at all, it is there to keep water on the counter from getting under the faucet, running to the hole in the counter and dripping into the vanity cabinet.

If anyone is having this problem, it is a faucet leak.  Call Grohe Customer service.  

Plumbing in the Home

Sharon McCarthy

I can help with most questions about residential plumbing repairs. I am familiar with septic systems, and can answer some questions about water wells. I have no experience with commercial plumbing or codes.

I have been a sole-proprietor service plumber in two small towns north of Phoenix Arizona for 26 years.

I wrote a monthly column for the United Steelworkers of America local 1033 [Chicago] newsletter from 1978 to 1982. I wrote an article for "The Theosophist" in 1977 and have had dozens of letters to the editor in many newspapers, including a recent "My Turn" article in the Arizona Republic.

High school and three years of college. My step-father, having worked 40 years in the plumbing trade in Chicago, trained me for two years. The rest has been hands-on experience.

Many hundreds of good people in Cave Creek and Carefree Arizona