Plumbing in the Home/residential sewage lift station

Neil wrote at 2013-05-03 01:20:23
I have a similar residential lift station set up on a duplex as well.  I have gone thru 4 to 5 sewage pumps from the local big box hardware store and then decided to have a local plumbing company retro fit the lift station with a new sewage pump.  I paid over $3000.  The issue I now have is my main tank has overlowed again!!!  I pumped the tank and disconected my pump thinking the filters were clogged.  Before I reconnected the pump I opened the t-valve in the tank to see if I had any backflow from the street.  Well, to my surprise a good flow of water was emptying into my tank.  I'm wondering if the pressure is too great for my pump to overcome.  

The pump seemed to function ok until April when we get large amounts of rain.  I know that I have to pump sewage up a street to a City lift station which then shoots the sewage to the main sewer line.  Could my issue be the City lift station is not keeping up with the rain and backing into my system?

Frustrated and everytime this year I have to pump my lift station 3 or 4 times and worry that another pump will burn up.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick