Plumbing in the Home/outdoor faucet spewing water from sides

NRH wrote at 2010-05-06 12:33:33
May be a little harder to remove the vacuum breaker. On some of this type of vacuumed breaker there is a set screw on the end of the VB that screws on to the hose bib check for this, if it is present it will need to be removed or the threads on the hose bib will be damaged when you try to unthread it.

Tom wrote at 2015-04-23 16:14:58
I have the same faucets on my house in Fort Worth.  The backflow preventer is installed with red Locktite, you have to heat it to unscrew it. That is the easy part, the difficult part is the threads on the faucet are not standard 3/4 inch hose threads they are very fine threads and so far I have not been able to find an adapter to fit.

Plumbing in the Home

Nathan Marshall