Plumbing in the Home/Sump Pump Will Not Shut Off

beyerch wrote at 2014-03-15 08:14:16
I have a very similar issue and it is the internal switch going bad.  More specifically, the seal that keeps water away from the switch is letter water in.  If the pump sits long enough, the water that leaked in will drain back out and the switch will start working again.

In my case, the water coming into the pit was poring right on top of the pump.  By redirecting the water flow so it did not pour onto the top of the pump, I was able to extend the switch another 9 months before I had to pull it out and replace the switch.

$.02

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick