Plumbing in the Home/sputtering hot water faucet

Mel wrote at 2013-07-06 23:48:12
Not sure whether this complies with the r & r's set forth by the owner (s) of this site but I wanted to thank your expert Jay for the assistance he offered to the individuals experiencing sputtering from their newly installed hot water tank. I too was having the same problem with a Whirlpool I purchased and then  installed from Lowes. At the time of purchase I inquired as to the "fixed" silver nipples coming out of the tank. At the time it was to do with height. Lowes suggestion was: "just tear them out." I was glad I didn't after reading Jay's advice. The silver nipples were attatched to heat traps. Which as Jay cited was causing my problems. I showed the manager at Lowes what Jay advised and it aided in their agreeing to take tank back. So thank you Jay. And thanks to whomever operates this site. Mel.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it