Plumbing in the Home/Toilet


Tom McGaughan wrote at 2013-01-30 03:18:17
Actually the toilet flange is supposed to be installed with the flange lip on top of the finished floor. The only remedy I have found to repair or extend a toilet flange is a product called Set-Rite. I have been using their kits for over 4 years and I swear by them. You can find them at where the owner/inventor has a YouTube video that you be glad you watched.I have used them for cast iron, lead bends, PVC & rusted out metal ring PVC flanges. I still haven't seen them in any of the home improvement stores but I got my local plumbing supply house to carry them for me. Good Luck and I hope this helps you or someone else with a toilet flange that is too low or leaking.  

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dana Bostick


Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.


Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Awards and Honors
Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Past/Present Clients
Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal

©2017 All rights reserved.