Plumbing in the Home/Cold water and heating pipes touching.

Question
Good morning.
I have had a new bathroom installation and am suspicious that the cold water feed for the toilet rests on the hot water pipe out of the furnace that heats the house.
I say this because when you flush the toilet, there is a noise in the radiators (not loud, but reminiscent of water running).
IS this a problem, or is it ok, other than the cold water pipe being heated up a little?
Also, will it cause condensation on the cold pipe and could this be a problem or not?
It is between a boarded ceiling and solid oak floor, so is difficult to access. However, if it is a problem, I will have to take the ceiling down.

Answer
Dear Ant,

It's not going to cause problems functionally, but it might possibly lead to condensation issues as you suspect.  There is also the possibility of electrolysis with the metal of one pipe reacting with the other.

If it were me, I would put insulation on both pipes and eliminate the contact between them.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler