Plumbing in the Home/Kitchen sprayer, no hard spray.

Question
Hi Dana-

Moved into a house and the kitchen sink sprayer does not spray very well. Water comes out of the sprayer and also out of the faucet at the same time. In my old house you squeeze the sprayer and it all comes out of the sprayer and none out of the faucet. It is a single lever faucet but there is no brand name on it that I can see, but the 2 bathrooms have Delta faucets so it might be that brand.

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
Hi Jim,
There is a diverter mechanism built into the faucet, often at the attachment point of the hose under the faucet. This diverter gets clogged with debris or hard water scale that prevents it from functioning as intended.  If you can find it and remove it, soak it in CLR or the like to clean it. Might help.  If that does not work, you will need to replace the diverter or the whole faucet.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick