Plumbing in the Home/Kitchen sprayer, no hard spray.

Hi Dana-

Moved into a house and the kitchen sink sprayer does not spray very well. Water comes out of the sprayer and also out of the faucet at the same time. In my old house you squeeze the sprayer and it all comes out of the sprayer and none out of the faucet. It is a single lever faucet but there is no brand name on it that I can see, but the 2 bathrooms have Delta faucets so it might be that brand.

Hi Jim,
There is a diverter mechanism built into the faucet, often at the attachment point of the hose under the faucet. This diverter gets clogged with debris or hard water scale that prevents it from functioning as intended.  If you can find it and remove it, soak it in CLR or the like to clean it. Might help.  If that does not work, you will need to replace the diverter or the whole faucet.
Good Luck,

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal