Plumbing in the Home/Pex for hot water baseboards

Question
I'm a homeowner looking to use pex for the first time.  I have 3/4" baseboards in my house that don't work well, I suspect it b/c they have 1/2 pex running to them from boiler. I know that this decreases the volume to the baseboards and thought I should change it out myself.

I want to use 1" pex for all lines b/c I heard that the inside diameter of 3/4 inch pex is actually smaller than 3/4 copper and it is best to use 1".  Is this true, whats the best size to use and would it not be best to use sharkbite fittings on boiler pipe and baseboard? I'm not sure if I trust sharkbites.

I don't want to buy the expensive pro pex drill tool so what is the best connection that won't be that expensive?  It's only 5 total baseboards on one zone that need to be changed out.
Thank You very much for the help,
Thomas

Answer
sharkbites are fine to use but.....

do not run them from the heater unit it self
1. run soft copper 5 feet of it out of the heater usesharkbites from copper to pex due to extreem heat. at times  you will be fine.

good luck in new york  what a mess you have in your state.

Plumbing in the Home

Carlos Mendoza 633601/bonded