Plumbing in the Home/plumbing

Question
Good Evening,
Tonight I noticed there was brown water in my washing machine and in my sink which are both located in the basement of my split level home. A noise was heard in the downstairs bathroom when my daughter was washing dishes upstairs in the kitchen.Can you please advise me what could be happening and why?
Thank you

Answer
Hi Cheryl,
Is this water from the faucets or backing up from the drains?

If its from the faucets, it is likely rusty water from old galvanized pipes.  The only fix for that is to replace the pipes.

I would recommend that you have a local plumber investigate the situation.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick