Plumbing in the Home/septic tank

i have a septic system and now water is backing up in the shower i dont know where the tanks at is there any way i can open the pipes up thanks

Dear Greg,

Sorry to hear about your backup.... those are messy to deal with.  It seems that you have a blockage between the house and the septic.  Locating the pipe outside the house in order to clear the blockage would be the ideal way to solve this.  Unfortunately, if you cannot locate the tank, then the pipe will not be easy to find either.

I would strongly suggest that you bring in a professional to deal with this.  The money that you spend can save you a lot of aggravation and a disgusting mess.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler

I am experienced at troubleshooting and solving all types of plumbing problems. Issues related to specific manufacturers fixtures and specifications though are beyond my field of expertise. I have dealt with problems in both rural and urban areas, and with water supply and drainage systems. Plumbing issues can be very obscure... such as odors, stains or occasional seepage. I have even had to chase rats from a customer's sewer line.

I have 25 years experience dealing with plumbing systems (which also includes hot water and steam heating systems). My main expertise is in diagnosing and solving problems. I have worked in construction and installation of new systems but do not regard myself as an expert in that area.

Asbury Park Press, Seattle Times, Denver Post.

I completed high school and one year of college. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps and have education in electronic and electrical troubleshooting and repair. I have attended classes on installing and repair of oil burners, and I have EPA universal certification for air conditioning and refrigeration. I am now enrolled as a full-time student at Everest college to re-train for a new career. Any donations of financial support would be greatly appreciated.

All of Denny's Restaurants in NJ, Several Burger King stores, I have done work at two different homes for Bruce Springsteen. I have also worked for Jim Johnson (of J&J) and his family, Whitney Houston, Steve Forbes and many others.