Plumbing in the Home/slow running drain

my sink
my sink  
I have a vanity sink that drains VERY slowly, about 2 minutes if filled to the overflow. All of the others in the house work fine. I've taken the p-trap apart and cleaned it and works better for a few weeks/months but then the problem returns. I only wash my hands in the sink so there is no buildup of hair, just gunk. I'm just thinking there is a defect in the sink or the Delta faucet and drain assembly.

Do you have any suggestions?

Dear Jim,

The problem is in the drain.... possibly a vent issue, or maybe there is buildup in the pipe beyond the trap.  professionals have a device which I call a water-ram... it uses compressed air blown through the drain to clear blockages.  I do not recommend using chemicals of any kind.  They are unreliable and cause damage to metalic pipes.  

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler

I am experienced at troubleshooting and solving all types of plumbing problems. Issues related to specific manufacturers fixtures and specifications though are beyond my field of expertise. I have dealt with problems in both rural and urban areas, and with water supply and drainage systems. Plumbing issues can be very obscure... such as odors, stains or occasional seepage. I have even had to chase rats from a customer's sewer line.

I have 25 years experience dealing with plumbing systems (which also includes hot water and steam heating systems). My main expertise is in diagnosing and solving problems. I have worked in construction and installation of new systems but do not regard myself as an expert in that area.

Asbury Park Press, Seattle Times, Denver Post.

I completed high school and one year of college. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps and have education in electronic and electrical troubleshooting and repair. I have attended classes on installing and repair of oil burners, and I have EPA universal certification for air conditioning and refrigeration. I am now enrolled as a full-time student at Everest college to re-train for a new career. Any donations of financial support would be greatly appreciated.

All of Denny's Restaurants in NJ, Several Burger King stores, I have done work at two different homes for Bruce Springsteen. I have also worked for Jim Johnson (of J&J) and his family, Whitney Houston, Steve Forbes and many others.