Plumbing in the Home/Best Toilet

Hi Jay, I would like to replace an old toilet in my home. The original toilet is a Peerless from the 1990's. I have lived in this home for 15 years. The toilet seems to always need to be plunged to clear of solid waste. The other toilet in the house was replaced about 2 years ago with a Home Depot Kohler unit, it cracked. The replacement is a water saver and seems to work well. What would you suggest as a replacement?
I live in Southern Louisiana.

John, Up here in NY state I have always liked Kohler. That was until the sold their souls to the Depot. There seems to be a difference between the Depot Kohlers and the plumbing supply house kohlers. But now days I install American Standard, Mansfield and sometimes Gerber or Elger. I would not hesitate to install an American Standard in my own home if my supply house didn't have a Kohler
We have to use 1.5 gal. watersavers in NY not sure about your state.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it