Plumbing in the Home/Kitchen Faucet

Question
Within the last 6 weeks after turning off either hot or cold water, the water continues to run for 3-5 seconds.  What can I do to make it shut off instantly again?  Not sure if it is a coincidence but I believe the Township did a pressure test on Sewer lines 6 weeks ago.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Gary,
If there is some connection between a city sewer line test and a problem with your faucet on the potable water system, you have more problems than a leaky faucet! Various, very strenuous and code related measures are in place to prevent these two systems from EVER being connected.

The most likely cause is that the faucet needs to be rebuilt/repaired. It either needs new cartridges if it is a washerless style or the washers (and possibly the seats) need to be replaced if it is a compression style faucet. This is not too difficult of a job and places like YouTube have a lot of instructional videos that show you how to do it.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick