Plumbing in the Home/Old bathroom sink


Old bathroom sink
Old bathroom sink  
Hi Jay,

We have an old Kohler bathroom sink that we'd either like to replace or at least find replacement parts for the handles.  Do you have any idea where I'd be able to find the exact sink in the attached photo?  We have a very small bathroom and the sinks at Lowe's and Home Depot are too big.  My wife would like the same type of sink, if possible.

Thank you very much,

Kevin, I have taken more of these to the local scrap dealer than I care to admit. If you really want another of these be aware of a couple things. First , the faucets are known as ledge mount faucets. Very limited manufacturers and very pricey for what you are getting. Mostly foreign made crap. The sink itself is a porcilinized cast iron. Back in the day they were very well made. You might be able to find one at Renovator's supply  or a local scrap metal dealer. Some people put an add in local papers and penny-savers under the wanted to buy listings. Aslo Craigslist may be a source.If yours is a finish problem there are companies that can refinish yours to factory new. I  believe one is Bathcrafters. If you just need a faucet a plumbing supply house could order one for you. I have only see chrome finished replacement faucets though.

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jay Nicholas


Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)


40 years in the business, 40 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Past/Present Clients
Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]