Plumbing in the Home/all plumbing backup!!

heres the situation. I use the kitchen sink. It will not drain, and as a result is standing. When it used to slowly drain, it backed up into the bathtub, which REFUSES to drain, causing stinky standing black water. what can be done!?!!?!?!?

Dear Branden,

The drain needs to be snaked clean...  preferably using a power snake.  First clean from the bathtub to the main, which is probably a very short distance.  Then clean from the kitchen sink the rest of the way.  Or you can just clean from the kitchen sink all the way....  If you have a low roof that isn't too steep the snake can be run from the vent pipe over the kitchen sink, then once it starts to drain you can run water to help wash away the debris.

You can rent a machine for this, or you can call a professional to do the job.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler

I am experienced at troubleshooting and solving all types of plumbing problems. Issues related to specific manufacturers fixtures and specifications though are beyond my field of expertise. I have dealt with problems in both rural and urban areas, and with water supply and drainage systems. Plumbing issues can be very obscure... such as odors, stains or occasional seepage. I have even had to chase rats from a customer's sewer line.

I have 25 years experience dealing with plumbing systems (which also includes hot water and steam heating systems). My main expertise is in diagnosing and solving problems. I have worked in construction and installation of new systems but do not regard myself as an expert in that area.

Asbury Park Press, Seattle Times, Denver Post.

I completed high school and one year of college. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps and have education in electronic and electrical troubleshooting and repair. I have attended classes on installing and repair of oil burners, and I have EPA universal certification for air conditioning and refrigeration. I am now enrolled as a full-time student at Everest college to re-train for a new career. Any donations of financial support would be greatly appreciated.

All of Denny's Restaurants in NJ, Several Burger King stores, I have done work at two different homes for Bruce Springsteen. I have also worked for Jim Johnson (of J&J) and his family, Whitney Houston, Steve Forbes and many others.