Plumbing in the Home/faucet - bathtub

Question
I didn't use my guest bath tub/shower faucet enough, so when my brother came to live here and use the guest shower, the water only came out cold. The local home supplies store told me to remove the "mixer" or the thing that blends the hot and cold water for the faucet. I tried but it was frozen in place and I ended up breaking it off. Now I don't have anything (the cartridge thingy) to pull on, and the thing won't twist or pull out anyway.  Now what?

Answer
Dear Mary,

I'm sorry for the difficulty that you're having.  It may still be possible to get the cartidge removed and to save the rest of the valve.  My best suggestion is for you to call a plumber to do this.  If the valve can be saved, that will be the most cost effective way to solve the problem.  If it can't be saved, then you probably would need a plumber anyway.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler