Plumbing in the Home/home water pressure


I have noticed a fluctuation in the water pressure in my home.  The faucets in various rooms,i.e. the kitchen, baths, may have a very low pressure or at times a higher pressure than i had remembered in the past. I have a well pump, and the blue tank i believe is a bladder tank. This is concerning me because I had just had a copper pipe elbow spring a leak.  I fixed that but maybe I should have a plumber check the pressure issue.  Are they related?   And what is the possible problem with the varying pressure.  Both the tank and the well pump are 24 years old.  Thanx

You don't want a Plumber for a Well/Pump related issue.  Get a Well Driller or a Pump Specialist.

The Bladder Tank is no doubt waterlogged and that will cause the pump to cycle too much which is very hard on a motor.  

I would have someone check out the entire system and let them make suggestions as to what needs to be done to bring things back up to adequate.

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bob Tabor


I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.


I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]