Plumbing in the Home/hot water leaking

We have bath tub and shower (Separately) at second floor. When we use either the bath tub or shower, I can hear the water drops to the ceiling of the first floor. It seems only when I turn on the hot water ( I did not hear the water drops when I turn on the cold water only.) What could be the problem? Thank you very much for your help.

Are the  fixtures back to back or share a common wall? Most likely the faucet is leaking at the stem or the connection to the faucet. Has the ceiling started to show water spots? There is a good chance it can be repaired with out cutting into walls . I would call a plumber and get it repaired before  the ceiling and walls are  ruined. Also consider mold and mildew  if the water  keeps leaking inside  the walls /ceiling. A quick way to check is to remove the trim behind handles and run water. you should see a leak right away

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it