Plumbing in the Home/knocking coming from the water heater

Question
I have a  3 year old water heater  that is knocking with  the hot  water  on in the  bathroom.. the hot water heater is right behind the  wall in the bath room  please help  ashley

Answer
Dear Ashley,

Depending on the water quality near your home you are probably getting a buildup of sediment at the bottom of the water heater tank.  If the heater is electric then you can have buildup occurring on the heating elements as well.

After just 3 years though, I wouldn't expect the problem to be too far advanced.  Try flushing and draining the tank.  You can find instructions for that either here from other questions or from many videos on youtube or other sites as well.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler