Plumbing in the Home/mobile home plumbing-kitchen sink

Question
I had kitchen moved from one place in the kitchen to another place in the kitchen and the sink now doesnt drain properly if at all.  When a hose is hooked to pipes under the sink water runs through the pipes but when you fill the sink with water it hardly drains at all.  What could be the problem?

Answer
Dear Roberta,

The first thought I had was that it is probably a venting problem.  There is supposed to be a vent pipe within a couple of feet of the trap which is below the sink.... without a proper vent, the water cannot displace the air in the pipe properly in order to flow from the sink.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler