Plumbing in the Home/Ghost shower

Question
Hi Dana, I have a customer with a 2 handle shower only( brand is central) that magically comes on periodically with no one having turned it on. He says to turn it back off he usually has to open the handle all the way and turn it back to off and its fine. When he first hears it running the handle is still in the off position. Would I need to change more than seat washer and possibly the stems? Thanks for your time.

Answer
Hi Mike,
Very strange. Maybe you need to call one of those ghost busters from the TV shows that are so popular these days! LOL

I've never experienced this issue myself. I suppose the firs step would be to change the stems, washers and seats.  You might be able to get by with just tightening the bonnet nuts a bit to make the handles a bit harder to turn.  Other than that, I'm not sure what else would cause this.

Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick