Plumbing in the Home/hot water

I have a two story house with the water heater in the lower level.  It seems to take forever for the water to get hot in rooms upstairs. Is there any thing that can be added to help get hot water moving faster; By the way I have a new heater recently installed.  Thanks,  Richard

Hi Richard,
The ideal way would've been to have a recirculating system for the hot water installed when the house was built. Not really a practical solution now.  There are several companies out there that provide an aftermarket solution such as

I have seen several of these installed and they appear to work but I've never installed one or used them myself.

Good Luck,

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal