Plumbing in the Home/slow to fill toilet

Since the water company installed a new meter recently at my mother's house (without notifying her they were doing so), she has had really low water pressure at one toilet and the kitchen sink.  Because of several things I noted today, I believe some pebbles or such are stopping up something as the water comes into that toilet (and the kitchen sink screen probably needs to be cleaned).  The things that lead me to believe this is the issue is that the water pressure in the other toilet is so strong you have to turn it down or it blows the tube off and sprays water everywhere (the troubled toilet is REALLY slow to fill and was not like that before) AND there is "mud" in the bottom of the tank on the problem toilet.  These are relatively new toilets and the tanks were clear before.  Though I suspect something is clogging something on the problem toilet, I could use some guidance on how to go about diagnosing where the clog is with the least amount of disassembling and how to clean it out if that is the problem.  Where is the most likely place for the clog to occur if trash/gravel whatever was introduced into this toilet valve?

First, I am sorry for not responding sooner, life just got in the way but I have to agree with you here regarding the issues you are having with the toilet.  Anytime the city disrupts a water line it sets off a chain of events that stir up sediment that settles in them and it can create all kinds of problems for the homeowners.  Yes, clean out all of your screens, including the one in your washing machine and you may have to replace the water valve in that particular toilet or try and flush it out by shutting off the water to it, removing the cap if possible to it and see if there is anyway of putting back pressure on it to blow into it to remove any debris that has been sucked up into it.  It may be best to just replace it and save the aggravation they are not the expensive but I have found you a few videos that will help you make that call.

I hope one of these video's help and good luck!

Plumbing in the Home

I have worked in Electrical Engineering for 30 years in power distribution and am now a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer, but I am a handy homeowner more than anything else and have a lot of skills when it comes to home repairs. Bathroom remodeling, flooring, painting, reconditioning old wood items, plumbing, car repairs and troubleshooting most problems. I think of myself more of a teacher than someone that is going to tell you exactly what you have to do, but I will share as much info as I have to help get your problem fixed, so if you are not interested in learning then don't ask me a question or rate me if you don't like my answers. To me, it is all about the journey so lets share the trail for a short ride and see where it takes us! I also want to give thanks to both my Mom, who has passed and my Dad, who raised us with the "Can Do" attitude and instowed such confidence in not only my life but everyone that ever came in contact with them. You can do anything that you set our minds too if only you can break it down into pieces and just tackle one piece at a time, for the rest will fall into place.

My greatest accomplishment was finishing my first bathroom upgrades in my first home which helped me to sell my home is less than 3 days by myself with a For Sale By Owner sign and no more. Plus I got $10,000 more for it in just 4 years of owning it, now that is great equity.

I am CEO and founder of Spirit Heart Therapeutic Riding Center, inc a 501c3 Non Profit for Rescued Horses and At Risk Kids. It is because of my own Mother intervention, who stepped up and shared her own love of horses with me as an at risk child myself that she planted this seed. So this program was created and is her Legacy that I have been so guided to share with those in need. We teach natural horsemanship to both horse and child and I get to watch some pretty amazing things happen. The kids learn to overcome fears, gain confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills where the horses have a chance at a life where they are trained, loved and respected and become a part of something that saves a child looking for a place to belong. If you support my Dream in bringing this program to life then please Donate to the cause and know that you are touching so many lives by doing so. God Bless You!

Nursing School, 1 1/2 years of a 2 year RN program, 1976 US Army, Intelligence School, Image Interpreter, 1977 Thomas Nelson Community College, Mechanical Drafting, 1980 Newport News Shipbuilding, Designer Training Program, 1981 School Of Hard Knocks

Honorable Discharge from US ARMY, Certificate of Achievement for Graduating with Honor's from Military Intelligence School, Ft Huachuca AZ. Award from Planning Research Corporation for a Job Well Done, NASA/Langley. Hand Selected to be an Internal Auditor for an ISO 9000 Certification Program for one of my longest employers, Lockwood Greene, ATL, GA. Multiple Letters of Appreciation.