Plumbing in the Home/Leaking sewer line

Question
Hello,

I believe that our sewer line might be leaking. This year, I noticed the grass was growing taller in a straight, narrow line where the pipe would run. I never noticed the ground being wet or soggy, but my biggest concern is the surface soil is contaminated since I have nut trees nearby that drop nuts in and around this area.

Thanks

Answer
Hello Ian,
This reminds me of a book I read years ago by Erma Bombeck called "The grass always grows greener over the septic tank."

Other than digging the line up to examine it physically, the other option is to have a plumber with a sewer camera run their equipment down the line and examine it from the interior.  They will be able to see and video the condition of the line and tell you exactly where the problem, if any, lies.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick