Plumbing in the Home/How to replace single handle shower cartridge

Question
Handle
Handle  

handle Top
handle Top  
I have a Moen Single shower handle in my bathroom. The shower head recently started to leak. I could not locate the model number so I contacted Moen and gave them the number printed inside the handle. The rep said that was a trim number and was able to match it up to a model. They sent me a 1222B replacement cartridge. The instructions on how to replace the handle along with videos posted up on youtube do not match the actual internal components of the handle. I am not sure how I remove the old cartridge. I have attached pictures of the handle. Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi Shawn,
This is something I don't recognize.  Moen may have changed their design from the one I've seen for years. They used to use a horse shoe shaped clip to hold the cartridge in.  I don't see that here.  
Based on the model number you provided, I found this pdf;  http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/instruction-sheets/ins746i.pdf

The only one that does not seem to have a retaining clip is the temperature balancing unit. It does look like it requires a special tool to dissassemble though.??
Back to Moen again?
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick